For Our Bicycle Tourists
The Great Allegheny Passage
Because of our proximity to the C&O Canal, we are a natural stop for those traveling the C&O towpath by bicycle. Located at mile marker 140.9 on the Canal, we offer a shuttle (small fee) service to and from the towpath, making sure that you have a chance to pick up something for dinner along the way.
In the morning, after our "Signature Country Breakfast," the shuttle is available or feel free to coast back down to the Canal. We provide safe storage for your bicycle and cozy, comfortable accommodations for you.
Need help planning your trip?
- C & O Canal, National Park Service
- Bikeandthelike.com--Bike trips along the C & O Canal and elsewhere
- BBBiking.com--A list of B&B's along the C & O Canal
- Venture Outdoors--Offering tours on the Great Allegheny Passage and the C & O Canal
- Mountainside of Maryland--Great getaway offers in Maryland
- The Allegheny Trail Alliance. ATA offers an excellent book on the Canal at: Trail Book
- C&O Bicycle, Hancock, MD--Sales and rentals
- Senior Cycling: Tours on the Canal (and elsewhere) designed for the 50 and older riders.
- Cumberland Trail Connection Outdoor & Bicycle Shop
- Mountainside Bike Tours offering full service tours on the C&O Canal and the Great Allegheny Passage.